[PCB_FORUM] Re: moving text to another layer

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:24:50 -0400

Well....
You could export it to subdrawing. Edit the file to change all of
the Geometry's to formats's and import it back in. Then delete the
old text from the geometry layer. The file generated when you export
is just text so use your favorite text editor to make the changes.

This is the only way that I know of.

Hope this helps.
TSI Telsys

sjcharles@xxxxxxx wrote:
Group:
Is there a way to move text off board geometry -> outline
to Drawing format -> outline? I see text will change to different subclasses within the same class but will not change to subclass in a different class. I did a fab format.osm and wrote all the text on the wrong layer.

Thanks Sam

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.