[PCB_FORUM] manual void in cross-hatch dynamic in Allegro

  • From: Stella Yap <seanstella@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:43:43 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

  I would like to know if anyone have experienced this.  I have a dynamic solid
shape for power signal.  I voided a power via using manual void.  However, when
I change this solid dynamic to xhatch dynamic, the thermal ties appear for this
via.

  It looks to me that the manual void has lost its functionality in xhatch
dynamic.
  But when I checked with Cadence support and the reply was that
  "There is a difference in the full contact option between solid and xhatch
shapes. With solid shapes no thermals are added but for xhatch shapes thermals
are added if the algorithm permits.  This is because the pin/via may be located
inside of
the xhatch".  Can anyone comment on that?

  Regards,
  Stella