[PCB_FORUM] making rules apply to nets, not xnets

  • From: Jean Bratton <jean.bratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 05:42:04 -0700

Hi all,

I ran into this a while ago, and then forgot about it. I have an xnet, let's
say NET1 from U1 to R1.1, then NET2 from R1.2 to U2. On NET1 I'd like to
control something, in this case number of vias to be no more than 2, but it
could be other things too. The resistor isn't right next to the IC, so the
router will make the connection, and thus has the potential of adding more
vias than I can allow. I don't care how many vias are on the NET2 portion of
the xnet. If I put a rule on NET1, it applies that rule to the xnet, making
it impossible to route the entire connection because it needs more than 2
vias to route NET2. Is there a way to make properties apply at the net level
rather than the xnet level?
Thanks,

Jean

Jean Bratton