[PCB_FORUM] Re: high speed board material.

  • From: "Schwartz, Jerome" <jschwa01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:43:48 -0500

Sam,

        We have done up to 2Ghz on FR4. Your edge rate is also not too fast.
The only issue is the length of the trace. FR4 and does not hold it's impedance
well over long distances. Stripline will be much better than microstrip. Just
leave a minimum of 10% for single ended impedance and 15% for diff pairs.

Jerry