[PCB_FORUM] Re: funckey question... alt_subclass

  • From: "Gene Carman" <gcarman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:34:14 -0800

Oh sure, no problem using the funckey command or re-writing the keys for the
left side of the keyboard.  The real issue is that the "alt" layer is the
target layer that determines the via that needs to be used.

For instance I have two different vias in this design that transition from
layer 1, based on the target layer:  1-6, 1-2.  Leaving layer 2 for instance, I
have a choice (again depending on the target layer) of vias:  1-6, 1-2, 2-5, so
unless I establish the "alt" layer, placing a via is a crap shoot.

Being able to select that alt layer on the fly is key!

Being able to select the active layer is actually pretty minor... (simply
select a guide)...

Hence my strong desire to be able to use funckey to select that alt layer.  I
cannot find any set of commmands to allow that... other than mouse clicking
into the window.... an operation that tends to be rather annoying, especially
if one has an active route on the cursor and bubble mode on.  (the design goes
nuts trying to respond to the cursor blasting across the routed workspace to
click in that window).