[PCB_FORUM] Re: fiducials

  • From: anthony.cosentino@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:32:23 -0400

Sam,
We use a stand alone mechanical symbol for our fiducial. Our boards require
local fiducials (two) for each fine pitch part and global fiducials (three)
for both sides of the board assuming parts are placed on both sides. For
reference, the fiducial we use is a 40 mil pad with an 80 mil soldermask
opening. These fiducials will show up in your pick & place data. Be sure
not to expose any copper when placing your fiducials.
Thanks
Tony Cosentino
Tekelec - PCB Design Engineer
5200 Paramount Parkway