[PCB_FORUM] Re: extracting X-net lengths

  • From: "Dennis Nagle" <den@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:11:36 -0500

CM is set up so it will only report Actuals for those Objects (pin
pairs, (X)nets) that are constrained - that's where that long list of
steps came from. There is, however, one worksheet in CM that will
populate with results without any constraints - Total Etch Length (TEL).
If you turn on the TEL DRC mode, and select Analyze for the design, you
will get Actuals reported for all Xnets. Downside here is that it will
only report a number for the entire Xnet. You can use the Etch Length by
Layer (or Pin Pair) reports to get the lengths of the subnets.

-Dennis Nagle
Cadence