[PCB_FORUM] What is the real character limit of a text string?

  • From: joe.piper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:01:39 -0700

My manual for 14.2 says that maximum number of characters per text item is 1000,
but I can't create a text string longer than my command line.

I can import longer lines of text via DXF etc, but I still can't edit them
beyond the limits of my
command line.

Is this a bug, a "feature", or is the character limit given in my manual a
misprint or?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joe Piper
Layout Design Engineer III
PCB Layout

CONEXANT SYSTEMS, INC.
9868 Scranton Road, Suite 1000
San Diego, CA 92121-1762

Tel   858.713.3571
Fax  858.713.4003
joe.piper@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.  Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by
others is strictly prohibited.  If you have received the message in error,
please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."