[PCB_FORUM] Re: Very Slow Allegro v. 16.3

  • From: "TEYSSIER Jean-Charles" <jcteyssier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 13:26:38 +0200

Mark,

About differences in DRC betexween performance and XL :

XL can checks Z delay (additonal delay caused by layer change with via) and
performance can not.

So the calculated delay is not the same if Z delay is checked.

Example : let say bord is 2mm thick. If a signal walks from top to bottom then
to top again (two vias), the calculated lengt in XL is 4mm greater than in
performance.

Jean-Charles