[PCB_FORUM] Re: Translating Protel to Allegro PCB file?

  • From: "Mitch S. Morey" <cadpro2k@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:33:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Austin,

The "Specctra" way doesn't work. Specctra needs the native database to
translate 'back' into. So, Allegro-Allegro; PADS-PADS; etc.

The Protel to PADS to Allegro does work. If you want to send me the Protel
'save-as' PADS ascii database I can try to convert it in Allegro and see
if there are any problems. Normally you end up with a lot of trial-n-error
time. Most of the time it simply has to do with the leading line on the
PADS ascii file itself.

Hope this helps.

Good day.  Mitch