[PCB_FORUM] Re: Shape won't fill

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:44:04 -0500

Yes. I have changed this shape to static but when I
try to void the internals it takes 40 minutes to
add all of the voids. Painful.

Kevin

Les Wong wrote:
Kevin:
I think one of our desigers had this problem with dynamic shapes
in Allegro 15.1
We deleted all the dymanic shapes and recreated them as
static and everything was fine
Les Wong

*/Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    Ok, my turn.
    I have a plane layer filled with a plane.
    I have cut out (or overlayed) 3 smaller plane cutouts.
    2 of them are no problem. One of them refuses to fill.
    When I move it off the board it fills fine, back on, empty.
    I redrew it and deleted the original, same thing.
    I z-copied to another layer and it filled. Z-copy it back
    and empty. I haven't tried changing the net, yet.
    Cadence just send out an advisory that said if this happens
    move it zero and put it back down and it will fill. NOT!
    I made it static and it filled. Now I need to void all of
    the vias and pins. If I select all of the vias and pins
    it says "error: no shape left after voiding". If I select
    a small bunch of vias (20-25) and pins it works. But it
    takes literally 40 minutes to complete each time.
    I have a dual 3.06G xeon with 1G mem.
    It is the last net in the design and I have been fighting
    this *&@$%! thing for 3 days.
    Any ideas?

    Oh, by the way, our maintenance expired, money issues.
    We'll pick it up again next year (I hope). I have not
    been able to contact cadence on this due to that.

    Much thanks in advance,
    Kevin McCowan
    Sr PCB Designer
    TSI Telsys

    Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE!

    SUBSCRIBE: icu-jobs-forum-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxx
    POST: icu-jobs-forum@xxxxxxxxxx

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.