[PCB_FORUM] Re: Shape won't fill

  • From: Don.Kost@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 08:06:13 -0500

Kevin,
Try changing the "suppress shape less than" under void controls to a smaller number.
Don ...........................

Inactive hide details for Kevin McCowanKevin McCowan

          Kevin McCowan
          Sent by:

          12/20/2004 07:55 AM

          Please respond to
          icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

[PCB_FORUM] Shape won't fill

Ok, my turn.
I have a plane layer filled with a plane.
I have cut out (or overlayed) 3 smaller plane cutouts.
2 of them are no problem. One of them refuses to fill.
When I move it off the board it fills fine, back on, empty.
I redrew it and deleted the original, same thing.
I z-copied to another layer and it filled. Z-copy it back
and empty. I haven't tried changing the net, yet.
Cadence just send out an advisory that said if this happens
move it zero and put it back down and it will fill. NOT!
I made it static and it filled. Now I need to void all of
the vias and pins. If I select all of the vias and pins
it says "error: no shape left after voiding". If I select
a small bunch of vias (20-25) and pins it works. But it
takes literally 40 minutes to complete each time.
I have a dual 3.06G xeon with 1G mem.
It is the last net in the design and I have been fighting
this *&@$%! thing for 3 days.
Any ideas?

Oh, by the way, our maintenance expired, money issues.
We'll pick it up again next year (I hope). I have not
been able to contact cadence on this due to that.

Much thanks in advance,
Kevin McCowan
Sr PCB Designer
TSI Telsys

or go to

Want to post a job listing ?  DON'T DO IT HERE!

SUBSCRIBE:  icu-jobs-forum-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxx
POST:       icu-jobs-forum@xxxxxxxxxx

GIF image

GIF image