[PCB_FORUM] SOLUTION: Allegro 15.1 Finding out of date dynamic shapes

  • From: "J Wages" <jwages@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:59:15 -0500

I'd like to thank everyone that responded to my request for assistance
in finding out of date dynamic shapes.

First of all, it's kind of funny how some things change in the tool and
you are not even aware of it. Please excuse my ignorance, but I was not
even aware of the new color/visibility subclass "stackup/boundary" and
that you could extract a report  specifically describing all of the
dynamic shapes in the design using "Tools >>  Reports >> Dynamic
Shapes". "Ahh Ha!" I says to myself.

So. , using the Dynamic shapes report, saving the file, and searching
for the text string "WARNING: No Etch Shapes", I was able to locate the
exact X & Y coordinates, and layer of any and all out of date dynamic
shapes. Once I found the locations and layer, I would zoom into that
location, turn on the etch layer and boundary layer and either find a
boundary with no etch shape, an unassigned shape beneath another shape,
or maybe not find anything obviously wrong with a shape, but I could
delete and redraw the shape or at least have a place to start.

It turns out there were two solutions on Source link for this issue
also.

Once again, thanks to all.

Jim S. Wages / SR. PCB Layout Designer:

Cary, NC - (919) 466-1596