[PCB_FORUM] Re: ?????: Re: Eror Updating Env File

  • From: Dave Seymour <dave.seymour@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 15:01:38 -0400

Do a search on your drive(s) for the directory PCBENV .
Inside the above directory there should be your local env
file.

Or

do a search on ENV on your drive(s) and you'll
get the local and the original env file that came with the
install. You can then resolve multiple env files. You should
not change the env files in the cadence software directory
structure.  Only change your local env file.

dave

Riley, Andrew wrote:

Howdy,
If set correctly, I believe Allegro reads the env file in the install directory, then the one defined by the user's HOME variable, then the project. It is either another variable or a specific sub-directory that Allegro looks for to read a design specific env. I cannot recall specifics at the moment but I will get back with them in a day or two if no one else does.
I seem to recall there is documentation for doing this somewhere; either in the online help or SinkLink.
Cheers!
Drew