[PCB_FORUM] Re: Planes- pos/neg- dynamic/static

  • From: "Gerry Meier" <gerry.meier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 06:20:11 -0700

Mike,

I generally use Negative dynamic planes. The down side is these planes
will only use the ant-pad or as you stated a route keep out for voids.
So if you have an area of the board that require larger clearances you
may have to either add route keep outs or use customized pad stacks with
larger anti-pads specified in that area.

 Gerry