[PCB_FORUM] Re: [PCB_FORUM]cannot open concept hdl

  • From: "Paul Bradshaw" <BradshPW@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:58:24 -0400

If a ConceptHDL session dies sometimes it leaves processes hanging.  Check for
stuff like cdsqmgr, cdsNameServer, or cdsMsgServer.

ps -ef | grep cds

will look for them.  It they're owned by you, kill them and try again.

The symptom of this is that nothing happens when you try to invoke ConceptHDL.

Paul

>>> rshi@xxxxxxxxxxxx 04/22/05 12:34PM >>>
Dear Friends,

I have a problem in opening Concept HDL, either from the "Design Entry" or
from the command line by typing "concepthdl &". The strange thing is that
I sometimes can open it, but sometime cannot.

I am running PSD 15.1 on UNIX. I was told we had more than one hundred
licenses, so it was not due to the number of users.

Is this a system installation problem or is this a problem due to some
mistakes in my project set up?

Your help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Best regards,

Rock