[PCB_FORUM] Re: PADs to Allegro translation

  • From: "Cosentino, Tony" <Tony.Cosentino@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:03:08 -0500

Seiji,

Here is what I believe but you should get confirmation from others as
well. The Cadence Allegro translator supports reading the PADS ASCII
database versions 2.0, 2.1, 4 and 6. Others may or may not read due to
differences in formats in the PADS database. I would suggest getting the
ASCII database written out of PADS in one of the approved revisions to
ensure the proper format. Just for reference, PADS as the ability to
output an ASCII file in many different revisions. You need to get your
customer to write the ASCII data out using one of the Cadence supported
formats as listed above.

Thanks
Tony Cosentino
Tekelec