[PCB_FORUM] Re: Metric to English - English to Metric

  • From: george.h.patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:13:56 -0700

Don:

Switching back and forth is a bad idea, there are ALWAYS going to be
problems and most of them are not with the software.  There is ALWAYS going
to be round off errors when working with two dissimilar grids.

If we start a board, it starts in mils and stays that way, even if it is
shipped off-shore for off-hours work.  If Japan or Germany start a board, it
is started in millimeters and stays that way even if it is shipped here for
"off-hours" work.

Keep it simple :)

--
George Patrick