[PCB_FORUM] Metric database

  • From: "Gary MacIndoe" <gary.macindoe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Allegro Forum" <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:44:55 -0700

Ok, now for something completely different...

Has anyone set up a design in metric, and sent it out to Fab?  Some
questions:

-  Did you set the "User Units" to Millimeter or Microns?

-  What did you set the "Accuracy" to? (maybe 3 for Millimeter, 0 for
Microns?)

-  How about the Artwork Parameters, "Output units" can only be set to
Inches or Millimeters?

-  Anything else about working and creating output in a Metric database I
should know about?

I have started with the database set up in Microns in order to have whole
number trace widths (75 and 100).  If I switch to a Millimeter database, the
trace widths become .075 and .100 (I guess I could handle the less than
whole numbers).

Anybody have any suggestions about this?

Thanks for any help!
Gary E. MacIndoe
PCB Design Engineer
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.