[PCB_FORUM] Re: Mentor Graphic

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 15:07:34 -0400

Are you saying this stuff is hard in BS?
Cause it was all very doable in Exp.
No problems there. Nope. None.
Wait, is this the Mentor forum?

Oops, my bad.

Kevin

Mitch S. Morey wrote:
Nope, sorry, Mentor BS only takes the place and route functions from Exp.
You'll still need all the other niceties like:

1) on the schematic or the layout can be worked on at any time, or else
you have an 'outta sync' design... TROUBLE!
2) creation of gerbers is painful!
3) Changes? OUCH!
4) Creating uVia drill drawings... PAINFUL!
5) Place and route WITHOUT BoardstationRE... PAINFUL!
etc. etc. etc.

You begin to see why I wouldn't settle for anything less than $125K/yr!

Good day.

Oh. Oh. I'll take that for Expedition.
I can solve ANY problem!
Ha!

Kevin

Mitch S. Morey wrote:

Hi Azila,

Put me on a contract for 12 months at $125K and I can teach you all you
need to know about torMentor BS and do some boards for you along the
way.
I'll await your answer.

Good day my friend.

Good luck.

azilahamid@xxxxxxxxx 18/05/2005 3:34:03 p.m. >>>

Hi all, My company going to buy this software, anyone know HOW TO MASTER IT ? OR in another word... " How to use it in a very short time?" Where can I get a manual for operating it without attending the training. OR can somebody teach me to use it from zero??? PLS HELP ME... Currently I am using Protel DXP for our board drawing. Thanks in advance for ANY help.

Best regards,
Azila

Do you Yahoo!?

NOTICE: This message contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please notify Allied Telesyn Research Ltd immediately. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender has the authority to issue and specifically states them to be the views of Allied Telesyn Research.

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.