[PCB_FORUM] Re: MENTOR TO ALLEGRO.BRD FILE TRANSLATION

  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:10:04 -0500

Laszlo,

Yes you can transfer both BoardStation and Expedition to Allegro:

You need the SpecctraQuest SI tool to transfer BoardStation to Allegro
-- works pretty good, but it has a big price tag for translation only.
You need several files from BoardStation to do a translation:
comps.comps, gates.gates, nets.nets, pins.pins, tech.tech,
traces.traces, and geoms_ascii (geoms_ascii in ascii format).

Expedition is a little different and I have not tried it but Mentor has
script files to translate from Allegro to Expedition to and supposedly
back to Allegro.  I plan on doing some experiments soon with this, but
like all translators it can be a trick.  If this way doesn't work you
can go Expedition to BoardStation and then to Allegro.

Hope this helps!

Brad Hajicek
Lead PCB Designer
Benchmark Design Services