[PCB_FORUM] Re: Instance property in Capture CIS

  • From: "David Greig" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:55:16 +0100

If you had a flat schematic - no hierarchy then you would only have
instances. Pspice is flat (and not particularly Berkley!). PCB type
schematics can be hierarchical.

Occurrences are the different repetitions of the original instance when a
hierarchy block is repeated.

That's the basic idea, instances are the white properties, the dashed bits
are properties inherited from the library and unchanged, yellow bits are the
occurrence properties and non-dashed have been changed either directly or
via backanno etc.

That's the basic idea, but we are talking Orcad_speak so don't take it too
literally!

Surprisingly pin-swapping a flat file does not generate occurrences even
although the symbols pins get shifted. Guess that just a changed cache
symbol.

Best Regards

David Greig
GigaDyne Ltd