[PCB_FORUM] Re: HASL Acceptance

  • From: chris.ball@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 07:40:19 -0400

Hello Dennis-

We add a flatness note to the HASL callout, 0.05MM MAX thickness...

Best Regards / Mit freundlichen GrÃÃen / Cordialement / Muchos Saludos,
-Chris

                       "Carrow, Dennis"

                       <dcarrow@xxxxxxxxxx>              To:
<icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                       Sent by:                          cc:

                       icu-pcb-forum-bounce@freel        Subject:
[PCB_FORUM] HASL Acceptance
                       ists.org

                       05/16/2006 05:10 PM

                       Please respond to

                       icu-pcb-forum

Hello ALL,
            Is there an IPC standard that calls out acceptable vs.
rejectable HASL finish?  I looked over IPC A 600 but I didnât see anything
specifically for HASL.  We are class 2.

            Our manufacturing house is having some problems screening on
paste on these TSSOP chips.  The first picture I attached is an example of
what we want to see from our fab houses.  The second example is whatâs
causing problems.  Any advice is appreciated. â Dennis

 (See attached file: Good_HASL.JPG)(See attached file: bad_HASL.JPG)

"This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the intended
recipient(s).
The information contained therein may be confidential or privileged, and
its disclosure or reproduction is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please return it immediately to its
sender at the above address and destroy it."