[PCB_FORUM] Re: Globally change to alt symbol across board

  • From: "Macindoe, Gary" <Gary.Macindoe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 15:02:26 -0600

Hey Mark,

So did you get my last post?  Did you ever get the searchable PDF to
work?

So, your latest problem is no big thing! Simply follow the steps below:

1) Get in the Move command

2) In the Find tab at right, in the "Find Buy Name" field, pull-down to
"Symtype", then click the More button.

3) In the window that comes up, choose the symbol name (i.e. "0603"),
then click OK (all of the chosen symbols in your design will highlight).

4) Now, click on a reference point (all of the symbols are "picked up"),
then RMB to "Alt Symbol", then click back on the reference point to set
all of the symbols down in their original location.

This will only work if you want *all* of a particular symbol type
changed to the alternate symbol.  If not, you could at least get into
the Move command, RMB to Temp Group, select all symbols you want with a
click, box or a combination of the two, then RMB to Complete, RMB again
to Alt Symbol, then put them down where they were.

Good luck!

Gary E. MacIndoe
PCB Design Engineer
Advanced Micro Devices