[PCB_FORUM] Re: Gerber viewer

  • From: "Gary MacIndoe" <gary.macindoe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:03:23 -0600

Mark, Garrett,

I also think creating the searchable PDF is the way to go.  I think the
Courier font is the best to use, and I experimented with several fonts.

I've attached a freebee, it's a PDF of a section in my Word procedures on
creating a searchable PDF.  You will probably want to change the subclasses
you view on.  Of course you will need Adobe Acrobat Writer (Distiller?), not
just a reader to create a searchable PDF.

Happy component searching!

Gary E. MacIndoe

PCB Design Engineer

Advanced Micro Devices