[PCB_FORUM] Re: Gencad Output from Allegro

  • From: "Dharma Kemp-Bresett" <dharma@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 19:02:02 -0400

Hi Dave,
 I just had the opposite problem today, I usually provide .cad files from
allegro and was asked to provide one from OrCad layout! I wasn't sure what
to do but I used the gencad output option and got the .cad file. No one has
complained yet so I am assuming that it "did the trick". When I create the
.cad for allegro it is through a fabmaster command line interface (although
I think ours was "tweaked" to come out just right). There was an old command
line prompt called "valout" (I believe this is similar to the valid command
others are referring to....) but that produces the same files as the
pre-tweaked fabmaster version did.... I believe the program I use is called
CDS2FAB and it creates a fabmaster .cad format output.
Hope this helps,
Dharma

KAW/USA Ltd.
39 Simon Street, #4
Nashua, NH 03060
603-886-8711 x212
603-881-8763 fax

Confidentiality Notice: This email and any accompanying documents contain
information that is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee. This
information is private and protected by law. If you are not the intended
recipient, or have received this email in error, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
document in any manner is strictly prohibited.