[PCB_FORUM] Fwd: Mentor Graphic

  • From: azila hamid <azilahamid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 21:48:53 -0700 (PDT)

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://mail.yahoo.com
--- Begin Message ---
  • From: azila hamid <azilahamid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pek.har.koe@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 21:10:35 -0700 (PDT)
Yes, I've gone through all the tutorial. It is very good to start.

At the same time, I try to work out the design rules to match the one that we
are using now.

FYI, I am using the intel pxa270, and I've a problem to find a fabricator that
can do this board.

Any idea? Now, my company sent the layout to Japan to do the board. The layout
for the board is follow their design spec also. We use B2it + Laser technology
from them. There is a lot of stacking via. Do you think I can manage the layout
by using the protel dxp?. YES, by doing magic.

MAGIC because:-

I autoroute the layout for the rest of the signal except the power and ground
nets. For this two type of nets, I just fan out and add a via. Later after
that, I place a big polygon copper for each nets.

Actually, I am thinking to fanout the pxa270 first, manually and put all the
design rules that maybe need for that chip, let say make something like room.
But I've short of time. So end up, I used the same design rules for all area on
the board.

Thanks

"Koe, Pek Har" <pek.har.koe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
Azila,

There will be a tutorial file after you have installed the software. Just go
thru the tutorial and you will know how to use it.

regards,

Pek Har