[PCB_FORUM] Re: Disappearing Vias

  • From: "Jean Bratton" <jean.bratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 09:12:30 -0700

One thing I used to do is be sure all vias are attached to at least one
internal plane. You can tell how many planes a via is connected to by
doing a "show element" on it. If it's only connected to the external
planes, and there's an internal plane of the right kind in the area,
doing a move "ix 0 0" on the via will usually get it to acknowledge the
internal connections too. Once they're associated, I've never seen them
go away. I agree with Gary, though, since I've been using the "retain
net of vias" I have not seen this problem.

Jean