[PCB_FORUM] Determining if padstacks have changed inside a board file

  • From: Don.Kost@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:11:51 -0500

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to determine if a padstack
has been modified inside a design. We are in the process of updating our
padstack library to take advantage of the tolerance feature and to change
the soldermask opening.  I have found out that some designers had been
changing drill sizes and anti-pad sizes in some designs by modifying the
padstack and not replacing it with what they really needed. If I now
refresh the padstacks, I'll get the original library versions that will
cause fab problems.
So, I'm interested in anyone's comments on how to discover these changes
before the update occurs or a way to compare the designs after an update.

Thanks,