[PCB_FORUM] Re: Demo or Training Package

  • From: "Andrew W. Riley III" <drew3rdof3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 19:27:45 -0700

Bob,

No, Allegro does not have a demo package and probably never will.

Turning a quick answer into a short story;
However, I was waiting for a position to open up to use Allegro for the first
time.  After I asked my then future employer a couple of times for a demo to
get
a jump start on Allegro, they had to bother their rep a couple of times to get
Cadence to provide me with a temporary license.  Since this is not common
practice and the license was given to me based on the employer's reputation, my
former employer and I had to talk with the rep and explain what our purpose
was,
I believe more than once.  Doing this helped me out quite a lot while
impressing
the employer with my quick learning abilities.  Also, the rep proved to be a
continuous source of great help.  Sorry, I cannot remember his name.

I believe that an independent designer has very little chance of having the
above happen.  Also I have never heard of it happening to anyone else, but it
would not hurt to talk to a Cadence rep about your situation.  Who knows?  You
might find there is an option that you can live with.

Cheers!
Drew