[PCB_FORUM] Re: Dear Cadence

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:52:06 -0400

What are you talking about?
You can unattach the control window and make it as wide as
you want. You are correct that you can't see all of the tabs
at once, but I don't think that there is any tool with tabs
that lets you do that, why have tabs if you want to see
everything at the same time?
I have the control window on my second screen all of the
time. I don't even remember how to unattach it any more.
I'll go check it now. Hold on a second.
Got it. Go to view>customization>display and set the control
panel to undock. That's it!
Enjoy.

TSI Telsys

Andrew Noonan wrote:
Dear Cadence,
There are some of us fortunate enough to have a dual screen setup at our workplace, enabling nifty things such as dragging our desktop across multiple screens, or looking at schematics/pdf's while doing layout. This is Really Cool and Boosts Productivity (IMHO). Plus, co-workers go "ooh" and "ahhh" when they see it for the first time. This is of course, an extra bonus.
The Allegro Control Panel could become Even More Useful if we could not only tear it off and place it in the other screen, but also make All Tabs Visible At the Same Time. (Presently, when stretched, the tab labels get wider and that's about it; contents of each tab are still only viewable when corresponding tab is clicked).
See attached suggestion.
Thanks
p.s. - please excuse the futile attempts at smug humor. It's Friday, and frankly I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately.
Andrew Noonan
Sr. PCB Designer
Topspin Communications
(w)650-316-3398
(c)650-814-3677

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.