[PCB_FORUM] Re: DGND/AGND merge point

  • From: Ed Caldwell <Ed.Caldwell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:06:40 -0400

WIlliam,
In Expedition I have created a two pin schematic symbol and a footprint
with overlapping pads that can be populated on the backside underneath an
A2D. Mentor flags the shorted pads but only if you check drc within the
footprints, other wise the design is drc free. I haven't tried this in
Allegro but the principle should work the same.
Ed

Ed Caldwell
Circuit Board Design Engineer
Electronic Design Services at ARRIS Broadband
Voice: 678 473 5073
Email: ed.caldwell@xxxxxxxxxx

"William Billereau" <william.billereau@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
04/22/2005 06:21 AM
Please respond to
icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[PCB_FORUM] Re: DGND/AGND merge point

Hello all and thanks for this ton of mails to read :-).

In fact, I saw that a lot of people proceed like us.
We already use 2 of proposed workaround, the connect line on a non etch
signal, but risky,
or the component (SMD or not) to join them physically,safer.

Of course the main goal is to have 2 differents nets in Allegro, to treat
them separately, for placement, routing, separate plane and so on.

But I learned a lot of things with this thread...
Thanks, and have all a good week-end.

    William.