[PCB_FORUM] Re: Copper balancing "thieving dots"

  • From: Jean Bratton <jean.bratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:05:38 -0700

Perhaps....add a fixed property to all nets, then delete all vias. The
"real" vias should stay since they're fixed, the copper balancing vias will
be deleted. If you really have fixed nets on the board, make a list of them
(Setup>define lists) before you start. Then when you're done, unfix all your
nets, and refix the ones in the list. Or, add some other property to the
fixed nets that will allow you to grab them easily. We sometimes use
nogloss, if we're not using it for something else, and/or add a user_defined
property called should_be_fixed.