[PCB_FORUM] Re: Concept HDL-generation of chips.prt file

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:43:34 -0400

Heck, that's easy. We've never used part developer.
You just go into the schematic and edit a .sym file
and when you save it you got a new part.
We have always generated our .prt files by hand.
Usually taking an old but similar component and
modifying it to match the new symbol. We do this with
the symbol as well, if we can.
I realize it is the old clunky way but it always works
and we didn't have to learn a new tool to do it.

TSI Telsys

Bolman, Shirley H wrote:
How did you create the schematic symbols without using Part Developer?
Shirley in Oregon