[PCB_FORUM] Re: Concept HDL - 15.1: Global turn off of discrete pin numbers?

  • From: "Mitch S. Morey" <cadpro2k@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:08:17 -0700 (PDT)

> Mitch,
> Thanks for the info. Quick question though, will adding this property to
> only the discrete symbols and not to the other major components (IC's,
> etc..) will only the discrete symbol pin numbers be invisible?
> Since these discrete symbols are already placed on the schematic, will a
> "refresh" command suffice after adding $PN=# property to these discrete
> symbols?
> Thanks again.

Hi Jim,

I'm pretty sure you'll have to do a "REPLACE" instead of a refresh on the
parts, but don't take my word for it. You'll have to experiment. I'm not
sure if a 'refresh' will update the symbol from the library. And, yes,
those that you put the $PN=# on will be the only ones that have the pin
numbers invisible when you place them. There might already be some with
the pin numbers invisible, if someone turned them invisible (using the
method Jan described or doing them individually).

Good day.