[PCB_FORUM] Re: Changing library based ptf to cell based using lib2cellptf -now cell ptf to lib ptf

  • From: "Isaacson, Lynn" <lynn.isaacson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 12:59:51 -0700

All,
I can't help on this, but was wondering if anyone can help me... We are
exploring doing just the opposite -moving all cell ptf to a library ptf
due to a new application that we are looking into.  I used to have a
couple of library level PPTs when I used Scald, but  I  don't know if
the rules have changed. Any help would be appreciated! -directory
structure, files needed, syntax, pointers etc. or is it just a matter of
copying all the ptf entries into one (or more) ptf files like I did in
scald? So far I've got one created with about 5 parts and it works fine.
Does anyone know if there are any limitations to the amount of
symbols/file size or if there will be any problems (response time or
other) if we put all of our ptf files into 1 file.
Thanks,
Lynn

Lynn Isaacson, C.I.D.+
PCB Design & Engineering Services Supervisor
Physio-Control, Inc.
Direct: 425-867-4443   Fax: 425-867-4462
lynn.isaacson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx