[PCB_FORUM] Re: Cadence Design Studio 15.2

  • From: Frank Farmar <fxf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:57:50 -0500 (EST)

Cadence supports moving Allegro 15.2 databases to versions 15.1 or 15.0. At one
point in the release, certain APD features could not be converted back to
a 15.0 baseline but the APD group has since released an ISR to address this
problem.

If you take advantage of certain 15.2 features like slots, multi-matched
groups, etc., you may need to run the "Save design to 15.0" utility which
is found under the File->Export  menu. This will convert the design database
back to a 15.0 baseline. Converting the database requires removing or
converting or deleting the unsupported capabilities from the
Allegro database. Any changes to the database are reported in a downrev.log
file.

Not all designs require running through this Save Design utility. The Save
Design dialog will report if the design needs conversion to open it in
15.0/15.1.
Alternatively, opening a design in 15.0/15.1 Allegro will report an error
if the database has 15.2 features.

If you do need to "Save a Design to 15.0", then Allegro may need to
delete certain 15.2 capabilities from the database to make it compatible
with the 15.0 Allegro. This remove design intent will not be present when
you re-open that design in 15.2 so I would also keep a 15.2 version of that
database.