[PCB_FORUM] Re: Anti-pads

  • From: "Macindoe, Gary" <Gary.Macindoe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:01:26 -0600

Alan,

This sounds like a lot, 10 per side over the drill (30 mil anti-pad for
a 10 mil drill).

When you have several high speed traces at minimum spacing between vias,
that's more than you can afford.

Those high speed traces don't like to run over the hole (anti-pad) in
the reference plane.

Thanks for the reply.

Gary E. MacIndoe
PCB Design Engineer