[PCB_FORUM] Re: Allegro tool delta

  • From: Ed Caldwell <Ed.Caldwell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 10:16:47 -0500

Thanks for the input Austin.

"austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
02/06/2006 10:05 AM
Please respond to
icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject
[PCB_FORUM] Re: Allegro tool delta

One point that threw me when I bought Performance.  Constraint Manager
comes with PCB, but NOT Design Entry HDL.  It was VERY vague in the
literature that this was the case, and IMO, leads to an unbalanced tool
set.  Constraint Manager is unavailable in Performance, you have to go to
the 600 series of Allegro Design Entry HDL to get it.

IMO, Performance was very well priced given it's capabilities, but I
understand they have recently adjusted the price of Performance (and it's
maintenance) upwards to reflect it's "position" against Studio.
Personally, I believe they should have lowered the price of Studio
instead.

Regards,

Austin

From: Ed Caldwell Ed.Caldwell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 09:23:23 -0500
To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Allegro tool delta

Is there a comparison list anywhere that itemizes the differences between
the three Allegro versions - Studio, Performance and Expert?

Cheers,
Ed