[PCB_FORUM] Re: Allegro ENV file question

  • From: Randy Dawson <rdawson16@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 15:30:25 -0500

Michael,

While you are collecting tips, put this one in your toolbox:

Cadence Allegro Editor (v15.7) - Allegro Top 30 - Did You Know
Vincent Di Lello, Kaleidescape, Inc

At:

http://tinyurl.com/38rvag

He shares his experiences with one of those configurable function key boards...

Randy Dawson

Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Re: Allegro ENV file question
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:04:25 -0400
From: M.Baumstark@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for that tip guys.  I have been doing it by
the "restart Allegro" method all along: although I guess it is nice to get
instant gratification.

I am taking not of this as well.

I noticed that Gary M. utilizes a 58-key x-keys
keyboard to getter done. It almost reminds me of the days when the Rat and not
the mouse was the coveted gizmo.  :)

I also utilize a boat load of macros; however, I
have only the 58- key QWERTY keyboard at my disposal.

But that coupled with the boatload of
macros/commands linked up with a boatload of  fun ckeys: then the
QWERTY keypad  is a pretty smooth
Operator.

If you're not already doing it by now, then you
are missing out on some good productivity enhancements.

Sincerely yours,
Michael Baumstark
Sr. Staff Electrical Engineer / PCB Design,
CID+
Motorola - Advanced Product Technology
Center
8000 West