[PCB_FORUM] Re: Alegro free viewer scripts

  • From: Mark Salberg <msalberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 08:19:52 -0400

Thanks Tim,
That was what I was looking for.
I got scripts ported to the Allegro Viewer by placing in the scriptpath of the viewer env file.
F.Y.I. the 15.2 free viewer has script AND shadow. Even though not in the tool bar.

Now all the EE's, tech's etc can run the script by "typing script" (I aliased F2 to script in viewer env), then select the library button to see all available scripts. (after adding the scripts in the SCRIPTPATH in the viewer env).
Unfortunately, the env file has to be emailed and over written to end users to see the mods. (any ideas?)

Finding comps or nets in shadow mode without having to traverse through all the layers will be much faster!

Script examples are:
comp_top (display all top side comps)
comp_bot
comp_both
highlight net in shadow mode
highlight comp in shadow mode
show element AND highlight net (shadow mode=on, filled pads, all etch =on)
show element AND highlight comp (shadow mode=on, filled pads, comptop and bot displayed)

With filled-pads, shadow mode and ready to select comp or net.
Then it will zoom in on the net or comp for quick reference during troubleshooting or layout approval.

If your tech's and EE's are not using this, they are spending too much time toggling layers to get started.

Thanks again Tim,
Mark

Tim Woytek wrote:

Mark,
On the command line in the free viewer type: set <return>

It will list the values of all of your variables, including the ENVPATH
variable.

Regards,

Tim Woytek
Sr. PCB Designer
Freedom CAD Services Inc.
402 Amherst St., Suite 100
Nashua, NH 03063
Tel:(214)495-0296
Mobile:(469)667-1377
website: www.freedomcad.com
From: Mark Salberg [mailto:msalberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 7:46 AM
To: Cadence User Group
Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Alegro free viewer scripts

Can anyone tell me if there is an env file for the Allegro free viewer v15.1 0r
v15.2?
I would like to have the viewer see a script path to run scripts.
If you type "script" in the free viewer, then select "Library" from the run /
replay pop-up, you can see all available scripts in your scriptpath.

For me this is set in my local env file since I have Allegro installed.
But for techs on the floor that ONLY have the free viewer, I can not find an
env file on their system.

Thanks,
Mark

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.

Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs. For
more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com