Re: [icon-users] abort on fetch when opening docx file

  • From: Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 15:42:39 +0100

On 10 May 2012 John Harrison  wrote:

>> When I try to open the following file with EasiWrite (V 9.00) it fails
>> and EasiWrite exits with message abort at &BFFBFC00

>> http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk/temp/BigLunch.docx

> When I download it, it appeared as a text file (despite having the correct
> entry in MimeMap) so I dragged it onto EW, and it opened with lots of
> gibberish characters.

Actually MimeMap doesn't come into play here. The web site should
transfer the Content-type but it's not doing so correctly, possibly
because the server doesn't recognise .docx files.

I had to change the file type to MSWordX.

--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
                                      mailto:ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx