Re: [icon-users] Picture placing with columns

  • From: Christopher Dewhurst <cdewhurst2010@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 11:32:40 GMT

In message <1329518191.10002.9.camel@Nokia-N900-42-11>
          Paul Stewart <paulstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have an EasiWriter document that contains a section with multiple
> columns.  Within this section I need to place a picture.  To make the
> picture a decent size, it needs to span multiple columns rather than
> sit inside just one column.  Is this possible and how do I do it?

You can force the right margin of a column by dragging the right
margin marker on the ruler bar. Drop the picture in, then drag the
right margin marker back to the original column width.

The only thing is that, in the next column to the right, the text
doesn't automatically wrap round the picture, it goes over it. But you
could work around this, maybe by shortening the ruler (dragging the
left margin marker if the picture in the previous column is slightly
less than 2 columns wide), put carriage returns in etc.

Regards

Chris.