Re: [icon-users] Overflowing footnotes

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:20:39 +0000 (GMT)

Martin

> I have finally had a look at this problem and I have found out what
> triggers it

Thanks

>  Footnotes in *nested* tables are routinely pushed to the next page

... and once the problem has started, it seems to propagate, because
the non-nested table on the following page also produced overflowing
footnotes when there was ample space for them on the same page.

> So, the way to avoid this problem is to simply avoid adding footnotes
> to text in nested tables.

As it happens, I have already replaced the nested table with a non-nested
one, because it was in the middle of the area of corruption (see post on
that topic).

Regards

--
John Harrison -  http://www.jaharrison.me.uk
Message sent from a British built Iyonix PC running RISC-OS 5