Re: [icon-users] Feature Request - No thank you!

  • From: Russell Hafter - Lists <rh.lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:27:10 +0000 (GMT)

On 10 Dec, Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4f4efc0a65rh.lists@xxxxxxxxxx> Russell Hafter
>           - Lists <rh.lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > But for me, typing a CTRL-Function key combination
> > before anything is not an option. I find them
> > impossible to remember.

> Nobody forces you to use the keyboard shortcuts. Once you
> have defined emphasis styles for the languages you
> intend to use (as Mike suggested), you can simply click
> Menu over the Style indicator and choose the language
> style from the menu.

I know. I do do this occasionally.

But generally I find it much easier to select the
appropriate dictionary during the spell check /after/
completing the document.

Whether using the mouse or some combination of key presses,
selecting an emphasis style for one word, and then cancel it
afterwards is for me far too disruptive to typing the text.

--
Russell Hafter