Re: [icon-users] Feature Request - No thank you!

  • From: Mike Glover <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:03:37 +0000

On 10 Dec 2007, at 11:39, Russell Hafter - Lists wrote:

For example select the word drucker,

Drucker
:-)

(It is a noun. You could have left the final r off and as a
verb, that would have been fine.)

I knew exactly what I was doing (on this rare occasion). I chose 'drucker' and 'english' quite deliberately because they would both flag the same mistake (capitalisation) in different languages.

I think my reply made that clear when it said it would generate two errors..

choose Text>German and create an emphasis style called
German. Assuming it gets allocated Ctrl-F7 as its short
cut typing 'english' ctrl-F7 'drucker' will generate two
errors - one from the English dictionary the other from
the German (assuming you have the dictionary). In the
event you don't the German words will be ignored and
won't be subject to English spell checking.

I do have a German dictionary, which you sold me (with no
effort) many years ago. I ought to get a French one too.

I must have lost my touch when it comes to updates :-)

Regards Mike

--
Icon Technology Limited
Church House, Church Street, Carlby, Lincs, UK, PE9 4NB