[icon-discuss] Re: star + reset did not fix media player issue

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:21:30 -0400

Hi Julie:

You may already know this, but there is actually more than one way to do a
reset.  The first way is to hold down the Reset button for 5 seconds, which may
be what you've already done.  The second thing would be to take the battery
out, wait a few minutes and put it back in.  This will give you a slightly
longer reboote.  If that doesn't fix the problem, then try reflashing your
unit.  The way to do this is:

1.  Turn the unit off;
2.  Hold down the Reset button, along with the * key;

3.  After 5 seconds, let up on the Reset button, but keep the * key held down.
The unit will vibrate.

4.  When the unit vibrates, release the * key and wait.  Eventually, the unit
will speak.

If that doesn't help, then you might try recopying the files, but I would try
the above, first.

Pamela

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> juliestamm@xxxxxxxxx 07/24/07 01:05AM >>>
The Star key and reset did not fix my issue of the media player crashing. I
did wait for the catalogue to update itself before playing all songs. I
still get the very first two seconds of one track, but it still ejects me to
the applications menu without warning. time to call tech support at aph?
Should I try to delete, then read my mp3's and make sure no files are
corrupted?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Julie