[icon-discuss] Re: setting up gmail account

  • From: "BILL FREEMAN" <BFREEMAN@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 06:24:40 -0400

Julie,

Specifying different port numbers on the icon/braille plus is possible.  Use
the syntax: [server:port].  Example:  [pop.gmail.com:995]

HTH

>>> juliestamm@xxxxxxxxx 07/31/07 04:48AM >>>

Hi list.
I have been trying to set up my gmail account on the Braille plus. When I
try to follow the directions gmail gives, I get the message "unable to
connect to server" I looked in outlook in hopes that those settings would
provide me some clues on what I would need to change. I found that the port
numbers for sending and receiving were not the default gateways, but 995 and
465 respectively for SMTP. There is not option to change port numbers on the
icon. Will this be added in the future? Is the inability to specify ports my
problem? Can someone who has successfully connected to their gmail account
be so kind as to give me some hints?

Thanks in advance
Julie
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16481" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt Tahoma; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV>Julie,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Specifying different&nbsp;port numbers on the icon/braille plus is
possible.&nbsp; Use the syntax: [server:port].&nbsp; Example:&nbsp;
[pop.gmail.com:995]<BR></DIV>
<DIV>HTH</DIV>
<DIV><BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; juliestamm@xxxxxxxxx 07/31/07 04:48AM
&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>Hi list.<BR>I have been trying to set up my gmail account
on
the Braille plus. When I<BR>try to follow the directions gmail gives, I get the
message "unable to<BR>connect to server" I looked in outlook in hopes that
those
settings would<BR>provide me some clues on what I would need to change. I found
that the port<BR>numbers for sending and receiving were not the default
gateways, but 995 and<BR>465 respectively for SMTP. There is not option to
change port numbers on the<BR>icon. Will this be added in the future? Is the
inability to specify ports my<BR>problem? Can someone who has successfully
connected to their gmail account<BR>be so kind as to give me some
hints?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR>Julie<BR><BR><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>