[icon-discuss] Re: setting up email

  • From: "Valiant8086" <valiant8086@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 20:01:50 -0400

Hi.
The Braille plus and icon make pretty good recorders, but they're a bit
touchy. I know when used in my pocket with the internal microphone, mine
cracks and pops noisily in the recording all the time, in addition to the
sounds you would expect a microphone to pick up from a pocket as someone
moves around and makes the material of their clothing shift against the icon
or Braille plus.

So no, for me anyway, it's not been a really good option to use from within
a pocket. You might try one of the cases for it. That might work better. I
don't know. I haven't tried it yet.

With an external microphone, yes you can drop it in your pocket and just run
the wires for the external microphone to where ever they need to be if you
want. No problem with that. I do that all the time. My microphone is the
Olympus ME51s. It is stereo and yes the Braille Plus and Icon work great
with stereo microphones. The ME51s is a t shaped microphone with a lapel
clip.

The Braille plus and Icon are easy to distort when you do not use auto gain
though, and auto gain for me makes clicking noises as the gain is adjusted.
I don't like this so I stay away from auto gain and set the recording
sensitivity on my own judging what I will be recording ahead of time. So
when I start the recording, I think of what I'm going to be recording. If
it's going to be loud, or if it might possibly be loud, I turn the
sensitivity way down, 15 or 10 do pretty well with the ME51s.

If I need to listen to the recording or publish it, and it is too quiet. I
then either just increase the volume of it or perform an auto gain on it. I
usually use gold wave for that.

Hi

as far as voice recording goes, is it possible to record podcasts with it in
stereo? lets say I want to record myself on a ride at an amusement part,
would it pick up good in a pocket? also what microphones work best with it?
external mics that is?

Josh Kennedy
jkenn337@xxxxxxxxx

On Jul 6, 2010, at 6:34 PM, celeste Williams wrote:

> I am having trouble setting up my email with q.com.  It's a pop 3.  I
> either get the message it failed to connect or the connection was
> unexpectedly terminated.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Celeste & Dealer
> Have an awesome blessed day!
>

> If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to LevelStar or APH then consider sending your message to
icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx