[icon-discuss] said vs hard drive

  • From: Joe Giovanelli <joegio1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 13:36:46 -0400

Hello,

Just like a desktop computer, our units employ hard drives.  We know that these
drives have
limited lives.  When such a drive fails in a computer, it causes major
problems, but
we can install a new one.  This is not so on our PDA'S.

Now we'll have more uses for this drive because of the new features we have.
The drives consume a
considerable amount of power.

Adding this up, wouldn't it be best to copy our audio file or files to the SAID
card and run
the from there.  We can keep them on the hard drive if necessary.

Wouldn't this action possibly improve the performance of our book reading at
high speeds?
Let's hope that, like the hard drive, our place in a book would be maintained
after leaving it
in order to perform some other task?

Joe G.